How do I transfer my massage therapy license or certification to another state?

Once you get your massage license you may find yourself needing to move to another state. This brings up the question about how you will be able to transfer your license from one state to the next. These requirements may be different from state to state, so it is important that you check your state's license requirements before making any decisions about the preparations you need to make in order to make your move. The ability transfer massage license will help you to stay legal and get employment.

The first thing you need to know about transferring massage license is that there will usually be a fee to transfer the license. This is because you will have to have a license in the current state. The good news is that you will not have to spend as much money when transferring massage license to another state as you did when you bought your license brand new. While you may not be thrilled about paying the fee, you will be less thrilled about paying a huge fine for operating without a license.

It is a good idea to get a national license through the NCBTMB. This is a good idea because it is the one kind of license you will not have to transfer from one state to the next. You will simply bring the license with you wherever you go and it will serve as a basis to show that you have the ability to do the job. You can then get your state license after you move and find a new job in your new state. Just remember that the national license does not replace the state license. If your state requires the state license you will get in trouble if you do not have the right license.

It is very important that you check the requirements from state to state. This is because you will need to know exactly what is required so that you will be able to stay out of trouble. While many of the states will have similar requirements, they are not always the same. Read the requirements closely so that there will not be any surprises when you start working or go to find a job in your new state.