How do I choose a massage school?
Choosing a massage therapy school is an important life decision. How to choose a massage school will depend on the person, but there are several factors to consider when making an informed decision about which school is right for you. Some selection criteria may include:
- Reputation or name recognition of the massage therapy school
- The massage school's credentials and accreditation
- The types of massage, modalities, focuses or programs the school teaches
- The school's philosophy or mission statement
- Proximity to your home
- Cost and financial aid
- Transferable college credit
- Whether the school is approved for state licensure or certification
- Provisions for special needs students
The best thing to do is search for massage schools in your area and request more information from them. A massage therapy school admissions representative should contact you within a few days to give you more information and answer all your questions about their school. From there you can request a catalog, visit their website, attend open houses or career nights, or schedule a time to visit the campus!